Pride 2023 will definitely be one for the record books, but celebrating the LGBTQ+ community, recognizing the history of LGBTQ+ people, and acknowledging the challenges they have faced in the fight for equality, is a year-round endeavor. And what better way to raise awareness and have fun than to take a cute Pride selfie (with an equally cute caption) for Instagram?
You may find yourself celebrating Pride by dancing it up at your city’s Pride parade, sporting your fave rainbow merch, or participating in charity events. Whatever may be on your calendar for your first Pride or even your 30th Pride, you'll be ready to post on the 'gram right away with our caption list.
Many LGBTQ+ folks find friendships and gain a sense of community through social media, where they can share memes, quotes, advice, and events as well as express their identity to others, so finding the right words to accompany your picture is *essential* to getting your message across.
More From Seventeen
We've got enough inspirational quotes, song lyrics, and funny captions to last you every day of the month. Whether you’re a member of the community or an enthusiastic ally, you'll surely find something to go with that adorable couple pic you snapped on the streets or that twinning moment with your bestie. Go ahead — be your authentic self. No savage selfie left in the drafts! PS — while you're at it, don't forget to add your pronouns to your profile!
Up ahead, find our very best LGBTQ+ Pride Instagram captions that are so good they'll work all year round:
Pride Month Captions
- We're here. We're queer.
- It's ok if you're not ready.
- Everyone is welcome.
- Ask me my pronouns.
- Reminder: You're valid regardless of whether you're out or not.
- Protect and empower queer youth.
- People fall in love with people. Period.
- Hope you've got your ear plugs handy 'cause I'm feeling loud and proud.
- We march. We dance. We celebrate. We love.
- It's officially my favorite month of the year.
- I'm proud of every single person in the crowd.
- Love out loud.
- Trans rights are human rights.
- My definition of life is more colorful than yours.
- She/Her, He/Him, They/Them. Us.
- Not gonna hide my pride.
- Out and proud.
- Pride is for everyone.
- Let's get loud, let's get proud
Funny Pride Month Captions
- There's no such thing as being extra in June.
- Move, I'm gay.
- Froot Loop in a world full of Cheerios and PROUD of it.
- No shade on Narnia, but life out of the close is, like, a million times better.
- Monday, but make it gay.
- Pride is more than just fun Instagram posts and rainbow outfits. It's about continuing the fight for basic human rights.
- Sounds gay, I'll be there.
- Don't just go to the parade. Get involved.
- Nobody should live in a closet. Not even Harry Potter.
- Is it gay in here or is it just me?
- We're all born naked and the rest in drag.
- Let me be perfectly queer.
- I didn’t choose to be gay, I just got lucky.
- I can’t even think straight.
- Oh, dear. I’m queer!
- If you’re reading this, I’m gay.
- I put the bi in b*tch.
- My hair is the only straight thing about me.
- Born this gay.
- "Bi bi bi." — Not *NSYNC
- I’d U-Haul with you.
- Come out, come out, wherever you are!
Inspirational Quotes for Pride Month Captions
- "LGBT people are some of the bravest and most potent change agents and leaders I have encountered, and the most forceful defenders of the vulnerable and voiceless, because they know what it's like to be there." — Ronan Farrow
- "No pride for some of us without liberation for ALL of us." — Marsha P. Johnson
- "So be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." — Dr. Seuss
- "Being gay is like glitter, it never goes away." — Lady Gaga
- "What is straight? A line can be straight, or a street, but the human heart, oh no, it's curved like a road through mountains." — Tennessee Williams, A Streetcar Named Desire
- "I hate the word 'homophobia.' It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole." — Morgan Freeman
- "Hope will never be silent." — Harvey Milk
- "Love is never wrong." — Melissa Etheridge
- "You can't live your life for other people. You've got to do what's right for you, even if it hurts some people you love." — The Notebook
- "You don't have to live a lie." — Gilbert Baker
- "Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?
" — What a Girl Wants
- “Openness may not completely disarm prejudice, but it’s a good place to start.” — Jason Collins
- “What I preach is: People fall in love with people, not gender, not looks, not whatever. What I’m in love with exists on almost a spiritual level.” — Miley Cyrus
- “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” — Oscar Wilde
- “The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you’ve just told them.” — Rachel Maddow
- “Love is never wrong.” — Melissa Etheridge
- “I am a strong, Black, lesbian woman. Every single time I say it, I feel so much better.” — Brittney Griner
- “I think being gay is a blessing, and it's something I am thankful for every single day.” — Anderson Cooper
- “Gender and sexuality are so fluid. It’s OK to change your mind a million times and figure out what works for you. It’s OK to take your time.” — Amandla Stenberg
- “This world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another.” — Elliot Page
- “You get to be more you than you have been in in a very long time. You deserve everything you want.” —Becky Albertalli, Love, Simon
- “Love is love is love is love is love is love is love is love, cannot be killed or swept aside.” — Lin-Manuel Miranda
- "We are powerful because we have survived." — Audre Lorde
- "For me, the transgender thing is the reality of my life. It's the reality of my existence and it's something that I've come to believe is beautiful about me." ― Laverne Cox
- “I fell out of the womb and landed in my mother's high heels.” ― Leslie Jordan
Song Lyrics Perfect for Pride Month Captions
- “I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way.” — Lady Gaga, “Born This Way”
- "You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't, so you might as well just do whatever you want." — Kacey Musgraves, "Follow Your Arrow"
- "Who we are is no mistake, this is just the way we're made." — Kesha, "Hymn"
- "I don't play, I slay.' — Todrick Hall, "Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels"
- "Even if it makes others uncomfortable, I will love who I am." — Janelle Monae, "Q.U.E.E.N"
- “Girls like girls like boys do, nothing new.” — Hayley Kiyoko, “Girls Like Girls”
- “I do my hair toss. Check my nails. Baby how you feelin'? Feeling good as hell.” — Lizzo, “Good as Hell”
- “Say what you think. Love who you love. ‘Cause you just get so many trips ‘round the sun.” — Kasey Musgraves, “Follow Your Arrow”
- "‘Cause shade never made anybody less gay.” — Taylor Swift, "You Need to Calm Down"
- “Girls love girls and boys, and love is not a choice.” — Panic! at the Disco, "Girls/Girls/Boys"
- “I see your true colors, and that's why I love you.” — Cyndi Lauper, "True Colors"
- "Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue and the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true." — Judy Garland, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"
- I'm coming out. I want the world to know. Got to let it show." — Diana Ross, "I'm Coming Out"
- "And I can't change. Even if I tried. Even if I wanted to." — Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (ft. Mary Lambert), "Same Love"
- "Gotta live my truth, not keep it bottled in, so I don't lose my mind." — Ariana Grande and Lady Gaga, "Rain On Me"
Short Pride Month Captions
- Love has no gender.
- Gender is fluid.
- Love is love.
- Rainbow vibes.
- Love wins.
- Got Pride?
- We’re coming out.
- Be who you are.
- Love is not a crime.
- Love out loud.
- Living my truth.
- No freedom til we’re equal.
- Proud ally.
Abby is an editorial assistant at Seventeen, covering pop culture, beauty, life, and health. When she's not busy watching the latest true crime docuseries, you can find her strolling through Sephora, thrifting the perfect dress, or jogging with her pup.
Bri is the editorial assistant at Seventeen covering pop culture, celebrity news, fashion, and beauty. You can probably find her sipping an oatmilk iced chai while searching for the best new makeup products or thrifting her entire wardrobe.